We are excited to welcome Damon Gameau, Australian actor and director, as our keynote speaker for the 2020 LfS Conference. Damon’s newest film, 2040, is an innovative, feature length documentary that explores what the future would look like by the year 2040 if we embraced the best solutions already available to us to improve our planet. You can watch the trailer for the film here. We will join the journey with Damon to see what embracing change can achieve.
There will also be screenings in the local area of 2040 following the conference so stay tuned and jump in on this wonderful opportunity to be inspired.
Our afternoon Master Class will focus on the challenges of behaviour change and food waste in schools and early years facilities. Mark Boulet, from BehaviourWorks Australia, Monash Sustainable Development Institute, will lift the lid on all things behaviour! At the end you will have a better understanding of what makes humans tick, how this can help us create positive change (especially for food waste in schools and early years services), and learn from an applied behaviour change approach.
Conference Workshop Sessions
- Building Student Leadership for Climate Futures
- Grant Writing
- Litter, Recycling and Waste
- Active Travel
- Whole Community Engagement
There will also be dedicated sessions for Early Years Educators, Primary-Age Educators and Secondary-Age Educators on integrating sustainability into the classroom.
Stay tuned for more session topics and further conference details as they are announced. The LfS Conference provides a unique opportunity to connect with like-minded people, hear from experts in the field, gain contacts and ideas to take back to your classroom, all while enjoying local food in a beautiful setting.
Morning tea and lunch are both provided as part of this event. A certificate of attendance will be sent out after the conference as recognition of the professional development undertaken on the day.
Date: Friday 28th February
Time: 8:30am to 3:00pm
Venue: Box Hill Institute, Lilydale Lakeside Campus
Cost: Early Bird $40 for Local Tickets | $80 for External Tickets
This event has been heavily subsidised by EASL's member councils to ensure this remains an accessible event for all educators within the region.
- "A sensational event - my utmost gratitude for the effort put in to organising it."
- "Thank you Sarah. It was an absolutely amazing experience, I'm so glad I was brave enough to attend on my own. You did a wonderful job."
- "Thanks for a great conference. I gained a lot from attending!"
- "Thank you Sarah and the team for all you did towards the successful running of this very worthwhile conference."
- "Thanks for a great, well managed event."
- "So much fantastic research and information. Thank you!"
- "I just wanted to thank you and your team for putting on such a great event. Excellent calibre of speakers - I wish I could have attended them all."
- "Thanks for organising it Sarah - we really enjoyed being involved, and also hearing form some inspring speakers!"
- "It was a great conference! So well organised. Especially loved the keynote speaker, Peter Hutton. He was hilarious and inspiring."
- "The presenters I saw were well prepared and very passionate about their programs. I was engaged the whole time."
- "I found the presenters were great! Full of information, professional, friendly and approachable. I will look forward to coming next year."
- "Thanks for another great, affirming, encouraging, connected day."
- "I have found today really great for my confidence and knowledge about sustainability education."
- "There was a good selection of stands, info and voluneers. It was generally a very positive vibe. Thank you!"