In 2018, Oxley Christian College were selected to participate in EASL's pilot of the Learning for a Sustainable Future (LSF) program. Five students were selected to represent Oxley Christian Collage as part of the Student Leadership Program and the students designed the Chooks4Charity program in response to the challenge of designing a sustainability themed project. The students wanted to give the money raised from funds received for the eggs, to the OrangUtan Project and The Friends of the Helmeted Honeyeater, two charities supported by the work of the Junior School Enviro Team activities.
At this Professional Development Session, Oxley will showcase their successful project and highlight the other wonderful sustainability initatives happening at the school. EASL will also use this Professional Development Session as a means of reviewing the Learning for a Sustainable Future pilot and assessing the interest and feasibility of it recurring in the future.
Date: Tuesday 3rd September
Time: 4:30pm to 6:30pm
Venue: Oxley Christian College, 15-49 Old Melbourne Road, Chirnside Park, VIC 3116
Cost: Free for local tickets, $10.00 for external tickets
During this session you will:
- Meet like-minded educators;
- Hear about Oxley Christian College's sustainability journey;
- Share experiences in delivering environmental sustainability topics;
- Learn about EASL's Learning for a Sustainable Future Program;
- Participate in discussions about how it may be delivered again;
- Pick up some nifty ideas for class activities.
You will leave this session with:
- Knowledge about keeping chickens;
- Knowledge of Student Leadership Opportunities;
- Ideas from other participants of sustainability focused activities that have worked for them.
What to bring:
- Your wonderful self;
- Ideas on what you think a Sustainability Themed Student Leadership Program may look like.
To be eligible for this event you must live or work within one of the five EASL partner councils (Knox, Manningham, Maroondah, Whitehorse and Yarra Ranges). This event will count towards your professional development hours, with all attendees receiving a certificate of participation by email after the day.
Afternoon tea will be provided as part of this event from 4pm onwards.
See you there!